Himalayan salt has been one of my current favourite ingredients, especially for making scrubs. Not only does it have all 84 natural minerals found in Mother Earth (it’s got a long history of being around for 250 million years), it’s also got a lovely pink colour. When I made this scrub and used it on my legs, I found it promoted healing of the wounds at the back of my heels.
Today’s scrub is best used when you need to relax, as it features rose and chamomile. Here are some of the things you’ll need:
- measuring cups
- jar to keep your scrub in
- 1 cup Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tbsp crushed rose petals
- 7 tbsp organic coconut oil (Get yours on Amazon with international shipping HERE.)
- 1 tbsp 100% natural argan oil (Get yours on Amazon HERE.)
- 7 drops 100% pure chamomile oil (essential oil)
- 1 tablespoon honey (secret ingredient)
I prefer using organic and natural ingredients in my scrubs. You’ll find that they actually aren’t that expensive, especially when you consider the fact that your skin comes into direct contact with these ingredients and is going to absorb everything that it touches. The most expensive ingredient I used here is the Seven Wonders Moroccan Argan Oil, which I’m willing to splurge on, as it also contains vitamin E. The best thing about making your own scrub is that you know exactly what you’re putting into that jar so you can say with confidence that there aren’t any undesirable chemicals in it!
Now that you’ve got all the stuff that you need, here’s how to make this awesome scrub: