As the holiday season draws near – neigh, it might already have begun for some of us – there’s one thing on everyone’s mind: What do we make for dinner? I scoured the web for some interesting, mouthwatering holiday recipes that are easy to follow. I also found some decor ideas, if you need some inspiration to make the place cosy. If you’re into sausage mini bites and roasted potatoes, read right ahead (hopefully not on an empty stomach).
- The team at Daily Makeover created a slideshow of 50 gorgeous hairstyles you can do for the holidays.
- Angela at Joyously Domestic teaches us how to make this saliva-inducing Crispy Potato Roast dish.
- Tammilee at Tammilee Tips shares her recipe for making these yummy Crock Pot Spicy Barbecue Kielbasas.
- Skaiste on Pinterest shares her mood board featuring home deco ideas for Christmas.
- Steph at Modern Parents Messy Kids shows us how to keep the child inside all of us alive with these giant chocolate-dipped marshmallows.
- Carly at Ever Clever Mom teaches us the easy way to make glitter balloons.
If there’s one thing I currently cannot keep my eyes – and fingers – away from, it’s my phone. To be exact, it’s Instagram that I access through my screen. Now that I’m getting some break from work, I have my life back! And yes, who wouldn’t spend some time sifting through artfully curated and envy-inducing pictures? The answer is nobody.
Here are my picks for the 20 Instagram accounts to follow right now, especially if you’re bored with your current timeline and want something different. They’re arranged in alphabetical order below. Enjoy!
(Follow me on Instagram HERE to get the latest news on style and beauty.)
Hello beauties! As you’re reading this, I’m probably updating Instagram with my staycation pictures. That’s right, Mr. Ratatouille and I are making up for future lost time, as our work is going to separate us for a while in the coming months. Of course we’re dreading it but we refuse to sit around and mope, so we’re celebrating being together whenever we can. And what better way than some alone time, away from prying eyes?
As with all staycations, I always pack a bunch of things, such as skincare and makeup. Over time, the number of things I carry have reduced and today, I’m going to show you how you can pack for a staycation using a cooler bag.
The holiday season is the perfect time to travel, especially since nobody’s really going to be at work anymore. But if you, like me, are going to be spending December at home, there’s no better time and place to indulge in the festive mood. This year, the Crabtree and Evelyn 2014 Holiday Collection is heavily inspired by the wanderlust bug that lives in us all. Take note, for you too, can travel to London right in your own home.
Aren’t you excited that it’s already November? I know I’ve been going on about how Christmas is coming but you see, Christmas is my favourite time of the year! My family doesn’t really celebrate it but it’s nice to not hear depressing stories on the news for once. And carols! Carols everywhere. Choirs of angels. People dressed as Santa, snowmen or elves, giving presents to little kids. Malls decked with decorations. And shops turn festive with deals.
If you’re in the midst of getting stockings filled, here are my current picks for gifting this season, mainly sourced out from the gifting sections of Nordstrom and Shopbop. And we’re only getting started!
Clockwise from top left:
- Diptyque Feu de Bois Candle & Holder
- Burberry “Gold” Complete Eye Palette (Limited Edition)
- C. Wonder Ikat Polka Dot Tea for One – Gold/Silver/White
- Perpetual Shade Velvet Eye Mask
- Kate Spade Bella Bookshelf 17 Month Agenda
- S’Well Sparkling Champagne Water Bottle
- Gift Boutique Wishbone Ring Holder
- Books with Style Art & Sole by Jane Gershon Weitzman
- NB Handbags Tassel Key Ring
- Trish McEvoy Power of Makeup Planner Collection Timeless Beauty (Limited Edition)
- Rifle Paper Co Garance Doré Collection Friends Social Stationery
- C. Wonder Bling Trinket Tray
- C. Wonder Chevron Decanter
- Kate Spade “Secret Garden” Mixed Stone Stud Earrings
Staycations were never a thing of mine until I discovered how convenient they are, and how pampered one can be in a luxurious home away from home. This time, I went with Hotel Fort Canning for my fourth mini-holiday and I have to say that it might have been my favourite staycation experience so far!
Mr. Ratatouille and I wanted something away from the hustle and bustle of the city. We both needed a quiet place where we could both recover from the intense month before and rejuvenate ourselves. Hotel Fort Canning was a great option because although it is right in the city centre (which means it’s fairly easy to get to by cab), it’s nestled in lush greenery on top of a hill that really nobody goes to.
Check in is at a good time of 1pm. And while I waited to be ushered to our room, I took some shots of the common grounds. Here are some I posted on Instagram, plus more of the hotel grounds:
For the past 5 years or so, ever since I’ve lived abroad and then came home to live with my parents again, I’ve been wishing for my own place. Just a nice, little abode that I can call a place of my own, where I can have moments of silence just to read, or a cosy point for friends to get together and enjoy one another’s company.
While it’s going to take me a while to get there, here’re some tips for those of you lucky ones who have reached that stage of life, where you can host small, intimate parties for your loved ones.
1. If you’ve bought a new pair of shoes to go with your outfit, Jillian from Coffee, Light and Sweet tells us how to break into them without any pain.
2. The people at Pinkous let us in on the code to hair colour! Bookmark this page and bring it to your stylist at your next dye appointment.
3. Keira at A Pretty Penny lets us in on 10 beauty cheats that every girl should know, perfect for that last minute fix!
4. This may be an older post, but the tip is still highly relevant. Sasha from So Sasha tells us how to turn your preloved, used up candle into a brush holder. What a great way to recycle and decorate your dresser or powder room!
5. Finally, Nicole at Vanilla Extract teaches us how to keep our wines chilled but not diluted.
We’re still in Australia this time, but now we’ve moved on to Darwin! I didn’t get any outfit shots taken in Cairns because the weather didn’t allow for it (or rather, I didn’t pack for the unexpected weather).
We stayed in Mary River Wilderness Retreat, where our doorstep opened right up to green lands, grazing wallabies, partying parrots and the bright blue sky every day. Hooray to no flies! This was no place for heels, and so take them off it was!
I love the Mimco Rebellious Wrist! In fact, I saw it at the airport’s while shopping around and just knew I had to get it the moment I saw it. It’s such a statement piece! You know how when you go shopping and your eyes land on something unexpected, and your heart just skips a beat? That’s exactly what happened. And it wasn’t even duty free!
Up and about in Sydney!
1. Something Borrowed Top | 2. H&M Pink Fake Fur Cardigan, similar HERE | 3. ASOS Coated Leather Look Leggings | 4. ALDO Longstreet Flower Clutch, similar HERE | 5. Pedro Sandals, similar HERE | 6. Lovisa Cocktail Ring and Bracelet
This was probably the best day we had in Sydney. We visited Featherdale, a little farm off the city centre, that housed some of Australia’s most common and treasured wildlife. I got to pat a furry koala and had fun feeding and playing with wallabies running freely around the place!
Australia was such a great much-needed break! We finally had some time away from everything in Singapore – the heat, humidity, people (crowds), stress, too-heavy workloads, commute time – you name it, we dropped it all and left it.
Sydney was our first stop, followed by Cairns and Darwin. The weather in Sydney called for layers and covered feet most of the time and the coffee was amazing. If you love snooping around in vintage stores, this is the city to be in!
There was quite a bit of shopping.
And quite a bit of café hopping.